Do’s & Don’ts of Holiday Lights
Lighting up your Christmas tree or house for the holidays is a big deal! Make sure you take care of your electrical system by following these do’s and don’ts of putting up your holiday lights.
- Make sure to check your electrical system and inspect the outlets you will be using in and/or outside.
- Invest in LED bulbs for your Christmas lights this year! You’ll save money as they can last up to 12 times as long as traditional blubs.
- Pay attention to your Christmas tree! If you have an artificial tree, make sure it is nonflammable.
- Use outdoor lights indoors. Outdoor lights have a tendency to burn hotter than indoor lights!
- Leave your lights on during the night! Save money and energy by using a timer.
- Staple or nail though electrical cord or wires.
Good luck and have fun decorating this holiday season! If you’re worried about any malfunctions, feel free to give us a call at 701-282-4400 to have a licensed electrical technician fix the problem!