Commercial Contracting Services
Here’s Why We’ve Earned a Reputation as a Timely, Efficient Subcontractor
With more than 100 years of experience, Robert Gibb & Sons is well equipped to provide general contracting, plumbing, and HVAC system solutions for your commercial construction project. All our technicians—HVAC and plumbing—are full-time employees with individual specialties who understand how all mechanical systems in a building work together, from design to fabrication to installation.
When you work with our 100+ highly trained and experienced plumbers, HVAC technicians, electricians, pipefitters, and installers who receive ongoing safety and technical training, you know you’re working with professionals who fully understand your project, budget, and challenges. We are experts in BIM and certified in Revit® software. Our service and project managers are the best in the business. Our design, installation, and repair services include sheet metal fabrication, controls, and process piping—for new construction or retrofits. We can do it all which makes us critical to your project’s success.
Everything You Need for Your Complex Mechanical Systems Project
We offer the following mechanical services for any commercial project:
- Full-service HVAC design, installation, and repair
- Complete plumbing and pipefitting installation and repair as well as piping prefabrication
- Building automation systems
- Full electrical system design, installation, upgrades, expansions, testing, and repair
- Trimble detailing software for mechanical, piping, and plumbing contractors
- On-site project management team
- Repair of web-based automated whole-building control systems
- Process piping installation and repair for transporting materials used in industrial processes and manufacturing
- Our outsource services include testing and balancing, insulation, and temperature controls.
- Complete knowledge of high pressure steam systems, boilers, steam plants, and steam traps for heating or mechanical power
- Medical piped gas systems for hospitals, dentists, and other healthcare facilities. Our installers, master plumbers, and journeyman plumbers are certified to perform medical gas installations, repair, and maintenance.
More Than 100 Years of Contracting Experience Based on Need
Over the years, we have added services based on the needs of the community. In the past, a plumber with a truck was sufficient but then the city grew. Today, we help sustain the infrastructure—water, sewer, and utilities—which require continuous inspection and maintenance.
We bring more than 100 years of contracting expertise and experience in the mechanical field including HVAC, plumbing, sheet metal fabrication, processing piping, and electrical. Our reputation for quality workmanship and adherence to budgets is well known in the construction industry, which is why our customers have confidence in us—and request us for repeat projects. Our technicians are union driven, where training is key and where we meet all essential contractor qualifications.
Why Our Commercial Specialists Are Different
- We are members of the American Society of Healthcare Engineering, which is dedicated to optimizing the health care physical environment.
- Our third and fourth year apprentices are supported and supervised by a master in each of our service departments—master plumbers, master electricians, and master HVAC technicians, ready to assist with any issue or problem 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Many years of experience and work knowledge in commercial and industrial mechanical systems are available to benefit our customers
- Ongoing professional training and certifications keep our technicians up-to-date on all current improvements in technology and equipment.
- We invest time and money in our technicians and have very low turnover.
As one of the top mechanical contractors in the state, we have incorporated the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) into nearly 1,000,000 sq. ft. since 2011. With the ability to take the model and use that directly in the field to build a project really creates a clash-free atmosphere between other disciplines. With mechanical systems, at times, being very complex, BIM is an amazing guide to ease the construction of any project from start to finish. We also use Revit 2015, Navisworks, and Fabrication CAD MEP.
- Sheet metal prefabrication, fabrication, and installation
- Full-service plumbing and pipe fitting installation
- Piping prefabrication
- BIM fabrication and design
- Trimble/field layout
- Project management
- Design/build capabilities and experience
- Preconstruction services
- Temperature controls
- Mechanical insulation
- Chemical and water treatment
- Fire protection
- Testing and balancing