AC Repair & Installation
Air Conditioning Repair
A Full Lineup of Repair Services to Keep Your Fargo-Moorhead Home Cool
Robert Gibb & Sons sets the standard when it comes to air conditioning repair for homeowners within a 50-mile radius of Fargo-Moorhead. Our technicians are prepared for all types of cooling system repair—from air conditioners and heat pumps to ductless cooling systems.
Our skilled technicians are experts at repair, and most are NATE-certified. Although we recommend and install Bryant and Mitsubishi high-efficiency air conditioning systems, our techs have worked on practically every brand and model. Every Robert Gibb repair comes with expert advice based on our century of HVAC knowledge and equipment-specific training—and it’s usually accomplished within one business day.
Sheet Metal Fabrication for Custom Comfort
Thanks to our 40,000 square foot in-house sheet metal shop, we can fabricate unique projects and other HVAC-related items totally customized to your needs. We’re your mechanical systems engineering resource for heating, cooling, ventilation, and duct system requirements.
Five Things to Check Before You Call for Service
We’re only a phone call away, but here are five things you can check first to avoid the cost of a service call.
- Be sure your thermostat is set to the cool position. Most of the calls we receive at the beginning of cooling season are related to improper settings.
- Change your air filter if it’s dirty.
- Check the fuse box to see if a breaker has tripped or a fuse is blown.
- Close the equipment door if it’s open. This is a safety control.
- If your outside unit isn’t running, call us. It’s an indicator of a larger issue.
If You Need Replacement
In many cases, we can repair your air conditioner. If it can’t be fixed or the repair seems to be a temporary fix and repairs are too frequent, our professionals can help you with everything you need for a replacement. We believe our large inventory of top-of-the-line air conditioners and other cooling systems are among the most advanced and efficient energy available. And if you need help with financing, we’ll walk you through the process.
Air Conditioning Installation
Convenient, Worry-Free Installation for a Comfortable Home
If you’re looking for a trusted, professional heating and cooling contractor in the Fargo-Moorhead area to install your system, you’ve come to the right place. Having a properly installed air conditioning unit will have the biggest impact on your energy costs. And, as always, your installation of top-of-the-line products is guaranteed.
No job is too big or too small for our installation division. From Bryant central air conditioning to single- and multi-zoned comfort systems from Mitsubishi, we’re responsive and efficient for our Fargo-Moorhead customers. We’ve helped the metro area keep cool over the years with air conditioning systems that provide value as well as comfort.
Our HVAC specialists are trained to help you find the most cost-effective air conditioner, one of the largest investments you’ll make for your home. During a free in-home consultation, they’ll ask questions and take a look at your current system, help you consider the initial purchase price of a new system as well as its long-term operating costs, and explain SEER energy ratings to help you make the best decision. We help our customers understand what their choices are so they get the most for their money. Once you select the option that works for you, we install it—usually within one day. Full factory warranties on all equipment and labor apply to our installations.
Installation for These Cooling Systems
Robert Gibb installs these products associated with cooling. Have equipment not included on our list? Ask us about it. We most likely install and service it!
- Air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Geothermal systems
- Ductless systems
- Mitsubishi electric cooling and heating
- Thermostats and controls
- Wireless Wi-Fi thermostats
Preventative Maintenance for Your New System
A properly maintained air conditioning system will last for years when inspected at regular intervals. We recommend preventative maintenance contracts to ensure your unit is operating at peak performance. In the long run, an annual tune-up increases system efficiency and makes emergency repairs unlikely. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance is always a good idea so that your warranty remains valid.
BRYANT HOUSEWISE THERMOSTAT
- Smart Heating & Cooling Setback
- Super Dehumidification option
- 4 Day Weather Forecast
- Color touch screen for easy system changes
- Remote Access via Smart App
- Advanced temperature control balances comfort and enegry savings
BRYANT CONNEX THERMOSTAT
- Remote Access via WiFi Smart App
- Advanced Evolution Control
- Full Color Touch Screen
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Intelligent energy-wise programming for better comfort and system performance
- Get alerts and control from anywhere with the app
- Advanced system communication with Evolution Systems
HONEYWELL T6 PRO THERMOSTAT
- Adaptive Intelligent Recovery
- Auto Changeover Heat to Cool
- Filter change reminders
- 5-year warranty
- Easy to see temperature vs setpoint
- Simple push-button functionality
- Screen has LED back light for easy viewing
HONEYWELL PRESTIGE THERMOSTAT
- Customizable high-definition, full- color touch screen
- Smart Heating & Cooling Setback
- Advanced IAQ
- Reduces mold, allergens, bacteria, germs, & odors
- Twin Tube 180 microwatt bulb outputs up to 3x more microwatts than single tube lamps
- Ability to adjust level of odor contr